"Do We Have Fantasies, or Do They Have Us? Ethics and the Imagination in Psychotherapy"
Sean Fitzpatrick, PhD, LPC
1) Illustrate the role of the imagination in psychotherapy.
2) Describe ethical models drawn from analytical psychology and the philosophy of Emmanuel Levinas.
3) Describe cultural and philosophical models of the imagination.
4) Outline key techniques for hosting fantasy with an ethical attitude in the clinical setting.
Institute Friday, April 26 - Saturday, April 27, 2019
"Reflections on the Faces of Narcissism: The Impact on Group Therapists and Group Members"
Nina W. Brown, Ed.D., LPC, NCC, FAGPA
1) Learn a sub-clinical description for a Destructive Narcissistic Pattern (DNP) of behaviors and attitudes.
2) Increase awareness of how aspects reflects undeveloped narcissism and healthy adult narcissism for group members and for the leader.
3) Describe how the group leader’s DNP can affect the group and the members.
4) Learn how to identify empathic failures and to facilitate empathic failure repairs in the group.
INTERESTED IN SPONSORSHIP/EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES? CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.CLICK HERE FOR SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION.View More Information »
Houston Group Psychotherapy Society is an affilate of AGPA.
Group listings are a public service of HGPS, and are led by members. Listings are provided for informational purposes only. HGPS does not warrant the appropriateness of any group for any particular individual. Please contact the therapist listed for each group for more detailed information. Inclusion in the listing does not imply an endorsement or statement of quality from HGPS.